Pilates Teaching including Somatic Studies (NEW for 2019/2020) – Dublin
Morning Classes or 3 day week options available, September to May.
QQI Level 6: Sport, Recreation & Exercise 6M5147
ITEC Diploma in Pilates Teaching 600/1651/6
REPS Ireland – Register of Exercise Professionals
Duration: One Year September to May Mornings Only
At Sallynoggin College of Further Education, near Dun Laoghaire in Dublin, we offer a Pilates Teaching and Somatic studies course, which is designed to enable the learner to develop the personal qualities, knowledge, confidence and skills required to progress and pursue a career as a Pilates teacher in a variety of settings. This unique course combines Pilates teacher training with body conditioning, nutrition and exercise. Learners will also develop the skills to incorporate Barre routines into their teaching practice.
Course Features and Facilities
- Holistic workshops and guest speakers delivered by industry experts
- Learners will deliver Pilates classes inside and outside the college
- Work experience in a variety of settings
- Fully equipped complementary therapy room, fitness centre and gym
- Large mirrored Pilates studio with sprung floor
- Wifi and Moodle
EMPLOYMENT AND HIGHER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Setting up your own Pilates Teaching business
- Nutrition Advisor
- Working in sports clubs, leisure centres, gyms, alternative therapy clinics, health centres or Spas.
- Learners may progress to related degree programmes in institutes of Technology and Universities.
- Learners who successfully complete the ITEC award may progress to other relevant ITEC or equivalent qualifications.
- Programming a Pilates Teaching session
- Delivering a Pilates teaching session
- Sports Industry Practice
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports Psychology
- Exercise and Fitness
- Team Leadership
- Work Experience
- On-site Massage
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Sports Recreation and Exercise or equivalent Mature Learners with relevant experience Interview
- Applicants may be accepted without meeting formal entry requirements