Yoga Teaching including Wellbeing & Holistic Studies – Dublin
ITEC level 3 Diploma in Yoga Teaching
QQI Level 5 in Community Health Services
Recognised for membership by:
Complementary Therapists Association (CTHA)
Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS)
Duration: One Year September to May Mornings only
At Sallynoggin College of Further Education, near Dun Laoghaire in Dublin, we offer a Yoga Teaching including Wellbeing & Holistic Studies course, which is designed to enable the learner to develop the personal qualities, knowledge, confidence and skills required to progress and pursue a career as a yoga teacher and a complementary therapist.
Learners who successfully complete a QQI Level 5 Certificate may use their results to progress to related Level 7 and Level 8 Degree Programmes in Irish and British Universities and Institutes of Technology. Third level progression opportunities for QQI learners are continually being developed and enhanced. Please visit www.qqi.ie or www.cao.ie for the most up to date information.
“The yoga course has not only trained me to be a teacher but has deepened my own practice and understanding. It has been a pleasure!”
“A really enjoyable course which opens up lots of opportunities in Yoga teaching, Massage and Reflexology.”
Course Features and Facilities
- Holistic workshops and guest speakers delivered by industry experts
- Learners will deliver yoga classes inside and outside of college
- Work experience in a variety of settings
- Fully equipped complementary therapy rooms
- Large mirrored studio with a sprung floor
- Access to fully equipped IT suites and a library
EMPLOYMENT AND HIGHER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Setting up your yoga teaching business
- Setting up in private practice as a reflexologist and massage therapist
- Nutrition adviser
- Working in the Spa and leisure centres and alternative therapy clinics
- Learners may progress to related degree programmes in Institutes of Technology and Universities.
- Learners who successfully complete a ITEC level 3 award may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent qualifications for example:
Level 3 Diploma in Spa Treatments
Level 3 Diploma in Pilates
Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- LCA or relevant experience
- Mature applicants welcome
- Applicants may be accepted without meeting formal entry requirements.