Fashion Studio with Creative Entrepreneurship –
With the option to specialise in Costume, Tailoring or Dressmaking
QQI Level 6 Certificate in Fashion Design 6M3706
Duration: One year part-time flexible delivery
At Sallynoggin College of Further Education, near Dun Laoghaire in Dublin, we offer this Fashion Studio with Creative Entrepreneurship course which is designed to enable the learner to upskill in pattern drafting and garment construction, while gaining the skills required to start or develop their own fashion brand, small business or cottage industry.
The learner will be able to produce a range of garments, prototypes or a capsule collection and will acquire the tools and expertise to develop essential components of their brand/business without requiring a substantial start-up budget. Learners will have the opportunity to develop a business plan which is a core element in the lifecycle of a business and a requirement when applying for financial support and business grants. Learners will also study fashion photography for product or brand promotion and will design and build their own websites.
If you are a dressmaker wishing to upskill to a professional level, have a prototype you wish to develop or a fashion product you wish to bring to market, this course will help you achieve your goals. The part-time flexible delivery and course content is also perfectly suited to existing small brands that may need mentorship and guidance from an experienced fashion entrepreneur.
- Professional entrepreneurship advice
- Spacious, bright well-equipped studio space
- Fashion Photo-shoot featuring garments made
- Planning and production of the end of year fashion event
Employment OpportunitiesMany of our graduates have gone directly into employment in the fashion industry or set up their own enterprises
- Fashion Design Entrepreneur
- Bespoke Designer/Tailor/Dressmaker
- Cottage Industry Owner
- Accessories Designer
- Fashion Design Production
- Pattern Drafter
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Retail
SCFE Fashion Alumni Entrepreneurs
- Chupi-Chupi Heirloom Jewellery
- Alison Conneely-Fashion Designer, Stylist and Curator
- Cleo Prickett – Womenswear Tailoring Brand
- Beba Apparel-Festival-Inspired Clothing Brand
- Sophie Murphy (Sewphie) –Women’s Streetwear Brand
- Sarah Murphy – Independent Womenswear Designer
- Keem – Ethical Luxury Clothing Brand
- Linda Sloane Couture–Bridal and Special Occasion Wear
- The Design House-Clothing Boutique and Sewing School
- When Poppy Met Daisy-Sewing and Pattern Drafting School
Graduates of this QQI Level 6 course may progress to degree programmes such as Applied Entrepreneurship, IADT and other related degree programmes in Technical Universities and Higher Education Institutes.
- QQI Level 5 in Fashion Design or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Applicants will ideally have passed the Level 5 modules of pattern drafting and garment construction or equivalent
- Interview – Applicants should bring samples of their work to date in order to demonstrate their interest in fashion design. Suggested work includes garments made or customised design sketches, scrapbooks, artefacts
- Mature applicants welcome
- Applicants may be accepted without meeting formal entry requirements