Advanced Fashion Industry Practice
QQI Level 6 Certificate in Fashion Industry Practice 6M4508
Duration: One Year Full-Time
This Advanced Fashion Industry Practice course provides the opportunity for the learner to develop the practical and business skills needed by fashion stylists, fashion PAs, design and retail entrepreneurs, fashion journalists, buyers, merchandisers and retailers. Trend forecasting and a solid grounding in contemporary and historical fashion equip professionals with the sensitivity to judge the ‘look of the moment’ before it happens. Technical skills in business, buying and retailing, event management and photo shoot/art direction taught on this course will make the graduate a highly skilled fashion industry employee. Learners can also develop work suitable for a portfolio application to third-level colleges.
“The business element of this course gave me a good grounding and the encouragement necessary to start up my own fashion business.
Learners who successfully complete a QQI Level 6 Certificate may be able to use their results to progress to related Level 7 and Level 8 Degree Programmes in Irish Universities and Institutes of Technology. Third level progression opportunities for QQI learners are continually being developed and enhanced. Please visit www.qqi.ie or www.cao.ie for the most up to date information.
Graduates of this QQI Level 6 course may also be considered for advanced entry to Year 2 of a related Degree programme in third level institutions in Ireland and the UK.
Former learners have progressed to third level colleges in Ireland and the UK such as IADT, DIT, Griffith College and London College of Fashion to study degree programmes. Course progressions include Fashion Buying, Fashion Marketing, Fashion Management, Fashion Journalism, Fashion Design, Styling, Fashion History & Costume, Visual Merchandising & Display, Retail Management & Marketing, Design for Stage and Screen.
• Trend Forecasting
• Fashion Buying
• Photo-Shoot Direction
• Fashion Management
• Presentation Skills
• Fashion Journalism
• Fashion Press Releases
• Retail Display
• Image Processing Skills
• Event Management
• Visual Merchandising Design
• Photoshop Design
• Design Development
• Fashion Range Planning
• Fashion Portfolio Presentation
Graduate Event and Exhibition 2017
Spring 2017 Photo-shoot styled and created by students of Advanced Fashion Industry Practice at Sallynoggin College.
Spring 2017, styled by Fashion Industry Practice studentsPhotographed by Peter Evers
Spring 2019, styled by Fashion Industry Practice studentsPhotographed by Peter Evers
I-Robot 2016 photographed by Lorna Fitzsimons.Styled by Advanced Fashion Industry Practice
• Educational trips to exhibitions, galleries and studios
• Work experience in the fashion industry
• Planning and Producing a Fashion Event
• Visiting lecturers and experts from the fashion industry
• Fashion photo shoots
• Comprehensive library of art, fashion, culture and design books, DVD’s and magazines
• Complementary courses running in SCFE – Hairdressing & Hair Styling, Fashion Make-up, Photography
• Fashion PA • Fashion Stylist,
• Fashion PR • Fashion Retail,
• Journalism • Merchandising,
• Fashion Buyer • Visual Merchandiser,
• Event Management •Digital Marketing
- Completion of Fashion Industry Practice Level 5 Certificate or equivalent, or previous relevant experience
- Applicants may bring to interview samples of their work to date such as visual notebooks, projects, sketch ideas or items made. This is optional and not a requirement for the interview
- Mature applicants welcome
- Applicants may be accepted without meeting formal entry requirements