THIS COURSE IS FULLY BOOKED.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Floristry 5M2686
Duration: One Year Full-Time
Start your career or upskill your techniques with this one year course in Commercial Floristry. Learners will develop the necessary skills to design, create and arrange floral and plant displays for commercial, interior environments and special occasions. Learners will also gain a knowledge of floriculture and plant care.
“The course in SCFE gave me a firm grounding in the fundamentals of floristry such as basic wiring techniques, classical placement of flowers in arrangements, display work, funeral and wedding work, and was an excellent preparation for employment in Retail Floristry.”
Learners who successfully complete a QQI Level 5 Certificate may be able to use their results to progress to related Level 6 and Level 7 Degree Programmes in Irish Universities and Institutes of Technology. Third level progression opportunities for QQI learners are continually being developed and enhanced. Please visit www.qqi.ie or www.cao.ie for the most up to date information.
Former learners had the opportunity to progress to third level colleges such as IT Blanchardstown to study degree programmes in Horticulture. Former learners have gone on to open their own Floral Businesses.
• Flower Conditioning & Handling
• Floral Design for Occasions including; Birthdays, Christenings, Anniversaries, Weddings and Special Functions
FLORICULTURE & PLANT CARE
• Floristry Plants
• Interior Planting
• Plant Design & Care
• Retail Selling
• Retail Display
• Information Technology
• Work Experience
• Visiting specialists in Floristry Design and Retail
• Links with retail florists
• Visits to wholesalers, garden centres and display exhibitions
• Floral decorating for variety of events
• Access to fully equipped IT suites & Library
Career and Progression Opportunities
• Retail sales of flowers and plants in flower shops and garden centres
• Designing flower and plant displays
• On location flower and plant arrangements
• Creating floral designs for special occasions such as weddings, christenings, parties
• Running your own floristry business
• Degree programmes in Horticulture and Agriculture
Leaving Certificate or equivalent, LCA or relevant experience
Mature applicants welcome
Applicants may be accepted without meeting formal entry requirements