CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
Sallynoggin College of Further Education SCFE provides further education courses to a wide range of learners from a diverse range of backgrounds. Further Education Colleges are governed by post-primary regulations.
In accordance with the requirements of the Childrens First Act 2015, Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children 2017, the Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools 2017 and Tusla Guidance on the preparation of Child Safeguarding Statements, the Board of Management of SCFE has agreed the Child Safeguarding Statement set out in this document.
- The Board of Management has adopted and will implement fully and without modification the Department’s Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Colleges 2017 as part of this overall Child Safeguarding Statement
- The Designated Liaison Person (DLP) is Patricia O Brien (Principal)
- The Deputy Designated Liaison Person (Deputy DLP) is Enda Kenny (Deputy Principal)
- The Board of Management recognises that child protection and welfare considerations permeate all aspects of college life and must be reflected in all of the college’s policies, procedures, practices and activities. In all its policies, procedures, practices and activities, the college will adhere to the following principles of best practice in child protection and welfare:
- recognise that the protection and welfare of children is of paramount importance, regardless of all other considerations;
- fully comply with its statutory obligations under the Children First Act 2015 and other relevant legislation relating to the protection and welfare of children;
- fully co-operate with the relevant statutory authorities in relation to child protection and welfare matters.