QQI Awards in Sallynoggin College
Recognized qualifications at SCFE
All courses are certified and accredited by nationally and internationally recognised awarding bodies.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland QQI
- Department of Education and Skills DES
- International Therapy Exercise Council ITEC
- International Academy of Travel IAOT
QQI Awards in SCFE
QQI awards available in SCFE are certified at Levels 5 and 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications – see course descriptors for details of specific awards. These awards are part of a national awards system for further education and training, known as the Common Awards System (CAS).
For further information go to www.nfq.ie
Progression Pathways to Higher Education
Many QQI Level 5 awards enable learners to progress to the first year of higher education courses in Universities and Institutes of Technology. The Higher Education Links Scheme links a number of QQI Level 5 and Level 6 awards to third level courses in participating institutions. Application is made to CAO in the usual way, and QQI results are used as the basis for calculating points. A QQI Level 5 Certificate may achieve up to a maximum of 390 points.
Important Points to Note
- Application is through CAO and must be submitted by February 1st. Advice and support is available to learners who request.
- Applicants must obtain a major (full) QQI award to progress to higher education.
- Some courses require applicants to have achieved specific modules or awards.
- Some courses require that the QQI award is achieved in a single sitting, i.e. in one academic year.
- Some courses require distinctions in specific modules, or a number of overall distinctions.
Third level progression opportunities for QQI learners are continually being developed and enhanced, and opportunities will vary from year to year. Please visit www.cao.ie and the websites of relevant Higher Education Institutions for specific requirements. Some SCFE courses have also established specific progression routes to Universities and Colleges in the UK; see individual course pages for details.