Advanced Art & Design
QQI Level 6 Certificate in Art 6M4029
Duration: One Year Full-Time
The overall aim of the Advanced Art & Design programme is to provide the learner with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge skills and competence to work autonomously and independently in a fine art/design context and or to progress to higher education and training.
The course is suitable for:
• Learners who have achieved a QQI level 5 Certificate in Art and would benefit from a second year to complete their portfolio preparation for entry to Institutes of Technology and Art Colleges.
• Mature learners who have not achieved a formal qualification, but can demonstrate the levels of knowledge, skill and competence associated with QQI Level 5 Certificate in Art.
Learners who successfully complete this course may gain entry to the second year in Institutes of Technology and Art Colleges.
- Figures studies
- Print making
- Woven textiles
- Photo imaging
- Work experience
Course Features & Facilities
- Well-equipped studios
- Visits to Galleries and exhibitions
- Visiting professional Artists
- Access to fully equipped IT suites and Library
Level 5 QQI award in Art or relevant experience
Interview- applicants must bring a selection of their best work to include drawing from observation, 3D work, craft work, photography and sketchbooks.
Mature applicants welcome. Applicants may be accepted without meeting formal entry qualifications.