Advanced Art & Design
QQI Level 6 Certificate in Art 6M4029
One Year 3 days a week. This Course is designed for those who want to develop a professional practice in the visual arts. It encourages creativity, increases skills and develops self belief.
This one-year course offers learners the opportunity to further develop their artistic potential through drawing, painting and illustration. The overall aim of the programme is to provide the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skill and competency to work independently in a fine art/design context and/or to progress to higher education and training.
The course is suitable for:
• Learners who have achieved a QQI level 5 Certificate in Art and would benefit from a second year to complete their portfolio preparation for entry to Institutes of Technology and Art Colleges.
• Mature learners who have not achieved a formal qualification, but can demonstrate the levels of knowledge, skill and competence associated with QQI Level 5 Certificate in Art.
Learners who successfully complete this course may gain entry to 2nd year in Art Colleges and Institutes of Technology.
• Combined Materials
• Figure Studies
• Graphic Design & IT
• History and Appreciation of Art & Design
• Work experience
Course Features & Facilities
- Well-equipped studios
- Visits to Galleries and exhibitions
- Visits and workshops from professional artists
- Fully-equipped IT suites and library
Relevant QQI Level 5 award or related experience.
Interview – applicants should bring a selection of their best work e.g. drawing from observation, 3-D work, craft work, graphic design, photography and sketch books.
Mature applicants welcome. Applicants may be accepted without meeting formal entry qualification.